Monday 1 January 2018

Review Rant: The Midnight Dance by Nikki Katz


Release Date: 17, October, 2017
Publisher: Swoon Reads
Pages: 320
Genre: Contemporary
Source: Publisher
Rate: DNF


SYNOPSIS

When the music stops, the dance begins.

Seventeen-year-old Penny is a lead dancer at the Grande Teatro, a finishing school where she and eleven other young women are training to become the finest ballerinas in Italy. Tucked deep into the woods, the school is overseen by the mysterious and handsome young Master who keeps the girls ensconced in the estate – and in the only life Penny has never known.

But when flashes of memories, memories of a life very different from the one she thinks she’s been leading, start to appear, Penny begins to question the Grand Teatro and the motivations of the Master. With a kind and attractive kitchen boy, Cricket, at her side, Penny vows to escape the confines of her school and the strict rules that dictate every step she takes. But at every turn, the Master finds a way to stop her, and Penny must find a way to escape the school and uncover the secrets of her past before it’s too late.

REVIEW

You know when the book has a beautiful cover but then the plot is just so.... 'What am I even reading?". This book is the example of 'All that glitters is not gold'.
I didn't get a single word of this book. I was so intruiged by the synopsis & cover that I had to request it! But this book badly disappointed me and I just couldn't continue. Maybe it was too complex for my little mind. :/ I didn't even get the romance if even there was some. 
Overall, I didn't enjoy it! Didn't understand a single word :(





No comments:

Post a Comment