Friday 3 July 2015

The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker


Series: The Witch Hunter, #1
Release Date: 4, June, 2015
Pages: 416
Genre: Historical Fiction, Paranormal, Fantasy
ISBN978-1-40833-522-2
Publisher: Orchard Books
Source: NetGalley
Rate: 4.5/5

SYNOPSIS


The magic and suspense of Graceling meet the political intrigue and unrest of Game of Thrones in this riveting fantasy debut.

Your greatest enemy isn't what you fight, but what you fear.

Elizabeth Grey is one of the king's best witch hunters, devoted to rooting out witchcraft and doling out justice. But when she's accused of being a witch herself, Elizabeth is arrested and sentenced to burn at the stake.

Salvation comes from a man she thought was her enemy. Nicholas Perevil, the most powerful and dangerous wizard in the kingdom, offers her a deal: he will save her from execution if she can break the deadly curse that's been laid upon him.

But Nicholas and his followers know nothing of Elizabeth's witch hunting past--if they find out, the stake will be the least of her worries. And as she's thrust into the magical world of witches, ghosts, pirates, and one all-too-handsome healer, Elizabeth is forced to redefine her ideas of right and wrong, of friends and enemies, and of love and hate.

Virginia Boecker weaves a riveting tale of magic, betrayal, and sacrifice in this unforgettable fantasy debut.



REVIEW

When I saw The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker on NetGalley, I just couldn't control myself. I absolutely loved the amazing world that Virginia Boecker has created and I can't wait to read more of the witch hunting craziness. The Witch Hunter revolves around Elizabeth Grey. After being saved by John from jail fever, according to the prophecy, Elizabeth has been given the task of finding the cursed tablet for Nicholas so that he can heal and end the rules of Blackwell.
After reading The Witch Hunter, I desperately wanted to meet Virginia Boecker, I'm officially her fan now. I have seriously very high hopes from the next book, and I can't wait to see Elizabeth in action again and her ever-growing love for John... John is totally adorable and he's officially in my list of favourite book boyfriends!
Virginia Boecker has created some very amazing characters in which Fifer is my favourite! I couldn't stop myself from laughing at the 'Yes and No' fights of Fifer and Schyler because they are totes adorable! Their chemistry is so hilarious and you will literally laugh at their fights. Elizabeth's constant 'Damnation' cursing, sarcasm and bravery made me totally love her.
I expected Elizabeth to be girly girl during the starting pages but no way, she doesn't take crap from anybody and is totally feisty. She has just an impressing personality! To be honest, Elizabeth's life is so hard, and she has such a huge weight on her shoulders. If you regularly read my blog, then you must know my love for brave female protagonists, and Elizabeth is just freaking awesome in this case. The writing style of the author is just so tremendous, that you'll get totally sucked in. Virginia Boecker's style is very beautiful and she has seriously written an unputdownable read!
Overall, this book is recommended to YA fantasy readers. I can't wait for the release of The Healer (A novella from John's POV), set to release in August and also for the next book's release set to release next year! Before finishing off, a BIG thank you to Hachette Children's Group for accepting my request! Are you excited for the second book?  How much hopes do you have from the next book? Answer me in the comments below! And don't forget to subscribe to my blog here!
Happy Reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment