Friday 23 September 2016

The VB Chats: Angel from The Avid Reader Book Blog


Angel is a young adult blogger who loves talking about books and sharing her views with everyone plus she designs awesome stuff which you can find at her store! Her blog is little over 4 years!

Q 1: How long have you been blogging?

I have been blogging for a little over four years now – just celebrated my 4 year blogoversary August 3rd!

Angel's Beautiful Design

Q 2: Tips for newbie bloggers?

My top tips are: schedule posts, get social media - esp Twitter – and interact with other bloggers, be yourself & have fun!
I LOVE THIS ONE! 💓
Q 3: You design stuff! Who inspired you to start designing?

Yes I do! Well it was my art teacher in high school who brought out the designer in me and ever since I’ve been wanting to do it so I took a shot at it earlier this year and I’ve been designing on Society 6 and Red Bubble ever since!

Angel's Design For Six Of Crows
Q 4: How long have you been designing and what's your favourite thing to design?

I have been designing for my Red Bubble andSociety 6 shops for about 9 months, and doingcustom designs since May but I’ve actually been designing and doing art since I was in sixth grade! My favorite thing to design is book art, specifically doing character drawings!



Q 5: Top 5 favourite books?

My top five faves at the moment are the Harry Potter series by JK Rowling and Fire by Kristin Cashore tied for first place then, in no particular order, the All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness, A Study In Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro and Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo!


OMG 😍😍
Q 6: What do you think about the Diversity issue?


I think it’s awesome that we’re talking about diversity and bringing up how important it is in both our writing and our lives in general, especially with what’s been happening in the US lately concerning #BlackLivesMatter! The diversity issue is very close to my heart as I’m an Egyptian-American-Muslim and save for two books I’ve only recently read, there’s been no character in any media who seems to show me as I am. I won’t ramble on about it here but if you’d like to read more of my thoughts on the issue, I wrote a post about it here.

Thank you so much Angel for being on the blog! <3 Check out her design shops and social media links! Next time you want a site design hit her up! She's extremely awesome! :)


This 👍

No comments:

Post a Comment